Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Absolute Incompetence

So as a friend at the skate shop said to us, our  buildings "plumber" isn't a plumber but the super's homie.  Unfortunately I have to agree, this dude is not a plumber.  

After three failed attempts to fix one small leak we ended up with a hole in our bedroom wall, a poor plastering job, a broken nut attached to a pipe going uphill, and the possibility of our newly enameled bathroom tiles being broken

Eventually Matt ended up fixing all of the plumbing issues and I am just grateful that he is my skilled homie.  
Bedroom wall being broken.  


I didn't get pictures of his finished product, but lets just say it wasn't far from what you see above.   He taped the edges, covered the wall with spackle and then told me that all I had to do was wipe down the wall with a damp cloth once it dried and re-paint.  Because, "you know the rest of the wall is sort of bumpy and it will match."   Seriously?  You are advising me not to sand the wall, because the rest of the wall is a mess.   So neglectful continuity is more important than properly fixing something.  Ya, no.

Story continued below:

No comments:

Post a Comment